Sunday, April 30, 2017

Wonderland

You stare at me, directly in the eyes and for a long while.
Mesmerized; I am lost in the complexity of how brown and green merge so delightfully to form something like a Rabbit Hole, and suddenly,

I was falling
                     down
                              that Rabbit Hole.

“Let’s go.”

All goes dark except the mischief dripping from the edges of your sly grin,
suggesting you’re the kind of trouble I like to get into.

I drift further into this alternate realm.

You held my hand as you lead me from star to star, running fast and throughout with a childlike laughter. There was no end and no beginning;
just you,
the stars,

and me. 

I’ve begin to feel the presence of your touch on my earthly body as my own earthly body regains feeling. Dizzy from twirling around the galaxy, my earthly body remains still and superfluous in this wondrous mirage we’ve constructed.   

No comments:

Post a Comment